Family Fun and Fitness for 4-16 Year Olds
Girraween Little Athletics was formed in 1973.
@ Girraween we focus on the fun – All children like fun…all children need fun.
We offer a wide range of running, jumping, throwing and walking events modified to suit the ages and abilities of children. The activities and skills learned at Little A’s will hold kids in good stead for their sporting futures.
Online Registrations – Closed
We have reached our COVID safe capacity for the 2020/21 season – Neighbouring little athletics centres at Holroyd and Greystanes are still accepting registrations for the 2020/21 season.
Holroyd competes Friday night – go to www.holroydlac.com.au
Greystanes competes Saturday morning – go to www.greystaneslac.com.au
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope you can join us back at Girraween for the 2021/22 Little Athletics Season.
Registrations will open for the new season in August 2021.
COVID Protocols 2020/21 Season
As part of the current NSW Government health order we are restricted to 500 attendees during competition and training including athletes, coaches, officials, age managers, helpers and parents.
It will be a requirement of all athletes and parents to adhere to the following key points and instructions given to them by our COVID Marshalls.
• Only one parent per family to attend training and competition unless helping or age managing.
• All attendees during competition and training will be required to sign in and out via QR codes stationed at entrances to the ground.
• Athletes, Age Managers, Helpers, Officials and Committee Members must adhere to temperature checks before entering field.
• All parents not age managing or helping with an age group are to remain off the field.
• Age groups with greater than 25 athletes will be split to ensure social distancing is adhered to (parents we need your support as this requires extra age managers and helpers)
• Disinfect field equipment at the conclusion of each age group’s event
• Extend our normal 2 week program rotation to 3 (allows extra time for age group splits and cleaning of equipment)
• Avoid physical contact including shaking hands, high fives or hugging
• You must not attend, if:
o a member of your household is awaiting the results of a COVID test
o in the past 14 days you have visited Victoria
o in the past 14 days you have attended any of the reported case locations listed on the NSW Health website
• If you or an athlete in your family are unwell, please stay home and avoid physical contact with other people
It is important to note that requirements above could change at any time as a result of revisions to NSW Government health orders.
Little A’s season @ Girraween 4 September 2020 – 12 March 2021
Competition Times – In season (September – March)
Our competition night is Friday night – we aim to start promptly at 6pm. During the season there will be 2-3 nights where competition is held on a Wednesday night, due to carnivals that run over the following weekend which start on the Friday night.
Training Times – In season (September – March)
Free coaching is held each Monday and Wednesday nights for fully registered and paid athletes in a range of athletic disciplines from 6pm to 8pm. Click here for more information on Coaching. U7s and above age groups.
Parking at the ground
There is limited parking within the ground and street parking. We ask that you consider the resident s of the area if parking your car on the street and do NOT park across / hinder driveways. If you park across a driveway you can get a parking ticket, or worse have your car towed at your expense.
Wet Weather/Extreme Heat – will Athletics be on???
Whilst cumberland council has the first say on whether grounds are open or closed Girraween Little Athletics has a duty of care when deciding if we should run or not. Please keep checking facebook and this web page, which we will update on a regular basis during wet weather or extreme heat days. Generally a decision on whether competition or training will go ahead will not be made until after 5pm.
Website © GLAC 2020